Monday 24 October 2011

joomla 1.7 installation A file permissions error has occurred. Please check the permissions on the script and the directory it is in and try again.

joomla 1.7 A file permissions error has occurred. Please check the permissions on the script and the directory it is in and try again


While installing Joomla 1.7 I got this message

'A file permissions error has occurred. Please check the permissions on the script and the directory it is in and try again'

Having encountered this type of problem I'm aware that what I need to do is change the folder permissions to 755 and files to 644.  And that will probably sort it out.  It didn't work this time though !!!

And the reason for that is that I was chmodding in the folders inside the installation and the folder I needed to change was the public_html folder.

No comments: