Monday 13 August 2012

Why does my Joomla articles look wrong.

Here's the Question posed.

Everytime I upload an article on the website but it's the wrong format, is it possible for me to write the article in any format and then insert the HTML text in the HTML section?

This is the one he said was wrong:



But if I could use the above code in the correct format could I then use that on any article I create….?
The HTML the page is controlled by a style sheet.  Which then applies the formatting to the whole site and therefore keeps continuity that we can easily change .  

for example the code you just sent to me






to achieve this on the css file I would use the code.

div {
color: #333333;
font-family: Tahoma, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;
font-size: 100%;
margin-top: 8px;
margin-right: 8px;
margin-bottom: 8px;
margin-left: 8px;
background-image: initial;
background-attachment: initial;
background-origin: initial;
background-clip: initial;
background-color: #ffffff;
line-height: 1.3em;

}


This way all you then need in the article for this to work is

My text here


And all the formatting is done for you. The easy way to do this is to use Wordpad or Notepad.   Using Word or other editors copies over loads of HTML garbage that we don't need.   I'm not sure what the best editor to use is on the mac, if you find out please let me know http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a0-nXk2MzVU&feature=plcp  .  The other thing is not only will this HTML make the text look rubbish but can break the page.

Here's a quick video I made showing a demonstration of this


No comments: