Wednesday 24 February 2021

VS Code - 'Goto definition' issues.

I had some issues with my ‘goto definitions’ in Visual Studio Code.

Here are the fixes I had to make for each language.

PYTHON

In the settings.json file I had to add

1// Defines type of the language server. 2 "python.jediEnabled": false, 3 "python.languageServer": "Microsoft",


PHP

I installed the extension ''PHP Intelephense' 

https://marketplace.visualstudio.com/items?itemName=bmewburn.vscode-intelephense-client

Do this from the extensions section in VS Code



JAVASCRIPT

I had the 'ESLint' extension that was affecting the core 'JS intellisense' extension.
Also on my searches, I've found 'npm intellisense' module.  Which gives you the 'goto definitions' for anything NPM installed - which is pretty awesome :)

 

Google searches I made to sort this were ->

visual studio code php go to definition not working extension

VS code php go to definition not working extension

visual studio code python go to definition not working extension

VS code python go to definition not working extension

visual studio code javascript go to definition not working extension

VS code javascript go to definition not working extension

No comments: