Monday 13 September 2021

Google Big Query: Why isn’t my Scheduled query saving.

 I just thought I’d note this down for others, as the logically way to fix this ( at least to me ) didn’t work.


This is in Scheduled tasks .  After clicking on the task that you want to change and then clicking on edit.  It’s easy enough to make your changes to the query and re-running it to check that it’s fine.  However when clicking on the Save button and choosing either of the Save methods, when you go back in again the Query is the same as it was before.  This is the Save button I was clicking on. 


What I needed to do though was to click on 'Schedule' and then 'Update scheduled query' 


Now when you 'Update' at the bottom of the options that displays, you'll then go back into your Scheduled query and it'll be updated :)


No comments: