Thursday 2 September 2010

Failed attempts to get to download from an IMAP server to Outlook Express

Currently we have all out mail on an IMAP server but would like to be able to take it all somewhere else.  To achieve this the method I am using is to download it to outlook express and then save it from there.  

The only problem being when trying to do so I was getting this error

PLAIN * authentication failed. None of the authentication methods supported by your IMAP server (if any) are supported on this computer.



This is how I solved the problem 


Firslty I had a clean up of the computer and made a bit more space.  To know avail.

Secondly I used ctrl - alt - delete and shut down proccesses going on the background that where taking up a lot of CPU usage. 

SUCCESS :))

No comments: