Tuesday 21 June 2011

Google Chrome CSS - Unfixing the fix

After following one of our own link on our Polzeath Surf Report it brought me to our Shortboards page that looked like this in Google Chrome ( not my default browser but I do tend to switch around to give me an oversight on how others view the web )


'I thought I'd fixed this one' - and half expected when looking at the code that my fix would be gone and I'd somehow loaded an old page in. However the fix was still there.

@media screen and (-webkit-min-device-pixel-ratio:0) {

#maincolumn, #maincolumn_full {
float: left;
}

}


Getting rid of the 'float: left;' sorted the problem and it now displays the same as other browsers. Which means that Google Chrome had sorted out whatever the difference was that made the page look different from other browsers.

No comments: